Personal Air Conditioners
Workers in extreme temperatures wear Personal Air Conditioners (PACs) to minimize heat stress, cold stress and fatigue and improve comfort and productivity. The new Dual Action PAC switches quickly from cold to hot, to provide comfort in all seasons.
Vortec personal cooling vests have two components:
•a cooling/heating tube with belt that generates cold and/or hot air to provide air flow to the worker;
•a diffuse cooling vest through which the cold or hot air flows to cool the worker’s torso
PACs are available in three cooling capacities, and two models that provide versatility to switch back and forth between heating and cooling. All models can achieve temperature differentials of +/- 45 – 60 deg F from the inlet compressed air temperature using vortex tube technology. The cooling only models are adjustable by the worker using an integral temperature adjust knob.
The diffuse air vest is available in three sizes and provides continuous cooled or heated air through its perforated inner lining. The durable plasticized PVC vest allows full range of motion with no airflow restrictions; and does not absorb sweat or other contaminants. Body cooling vests can also be worn under other protective clothing.
- Improves worker safety
- Eliminates the incidence of worker heat stress or cold stress
- Reduces frequency and duration of non-productive cooling and warming work breaks
- Maximizes worker productivity and comfort in extreme temperatures
- Eliminates the need to air condition large warehouse or shop areas
- Provide continuous, consistent cooling, unlike ice or gel paks
- The Dual Action PAC can be easily switched from one mode to the other by rotating the tube and swapping the muffler from one end to the other.
- Three cooling capacities available in the cooling only mode; heating and cooling model is available at two heat/cool capacities.
- Air is delivered at up to +/- 45-60 deg F (+/- 25 – 33 deg C) differential from the compressed air inlet
- Cooling only version has easy temperature adjustment by user, even with gloved hands
- All PAC models are supplied with an adjustable waist belt and an Industrial Interchange style quick connect for attachment to the compressed air supply
- Can be worn under other protective clothing
- Three vest sizes available to fit all workers, plus a vest extension for varying sizes
- Vest is impermeable to sweat, dirt and other contaminants; easily cleaned
- Vest allows full range of motion with no airflow restrictions
- The vest is made of an abrasion resistant, flame retardant vinyl laminated nylon that is self-extinguishing and has a melting point of 300°F (149°C).
Need more information or would like an obligation free quote? Contact us today or call us on 1300 999 999