Vortex tubes produce up to 6000 BTU/hr (1757 watts) of refrigeration and temperatures as low as -40 deg to solve a variety of industrial spot cooling and process cooling needs. With no moving parts, a vortex tube is highly reliable and inexpensive; and requires no electrical connection at the cooling site. Vortex tubes cool instantly, relying on compressed air spinning in the tube to separate the air into cold and hot air streams.
Vortex tubes are a compact source of refrigeration and cooling, with models ranging from 6 – 13 inches (150 – 330 mm) long and cooling capacities ranging from 100 – 6000 BTU/hour (29 – 1757 watts). Vortex tube performance is easily adjustable by changing the inlet air pressure, ratio of cool air to exhaust or by changing the generator in the tube itself. And while normally used for cooling, vortex tubes can also be used for heating applications, merely by channeling the exhaust hot air to the application.
Vortex tube technology was invented by French physicist Georges Ranque in 1930, and first developed for industrial use by Vortec in the 1960s. See how it works. Since then, vortex tubes have been applied for a wide range of cooling applications on machines, assembly lines, in processes and for testing and measurements.
- Cools instantaneously
- Lowest cost per unit of refrigeration of any cooling technique
- Fully adjustable cooling, easily moved from site to site as needed
- Fits to provide cooling in the most confined areas
- Lowest maintenance requirements of any refrigeration technique
- Environmentally friendly, with no refrigerants or chemicals needed
- Easy to install, just connect compressed air and go
- Maintenance free, with no moving parts
- Cycle repeatability within +/- 1 deg
- Drops compressed air inlet temperature by up to 100 deg F (55 deg C)
- No electricity required at the cooling site
- Cools without refrigerants, as low as -40 deg
- Compact and lightweight, highly transportable
- Adjustable for varying cooling needs
- Available heating capacity using the same tube, up to 200 deg F (93 deg C)
- Available in both aluminum (208 and 308) and stainless steel (208SS) models
- Replacement generators available for modification of cooling or upon contamination
Air Flow Amplifiers Extract Fumes Quickly and Efficiently
Vortec’s Air Flow Amplifiers extract fumes from welding, automobiles and truck repair, confined spaces and other localized areas. Available in 4 sizes, Air Flow Amplifiers are small and lightweight, easily moved from site to site, and have no motors and no spark hazard.
Air Flow Amplifiers Convey, Dry, Cool and Sort
Vortec Air Flow Amplifiers deliver a large airflow for conveying, drying, cooling or weight sorting. They are especially useful for removing metal chips and scrap, ventilating fumes or smoke, and conveying small parts, pellets, powders and dust. Air Flow Amplifiers are easily mounted and can be used in both ducted and un-ducted applications.
Need more information or would like an obligation free quote? Contact us today or call us on 1300 999 999